by Elizabeth Clayton
- Shea Butter (https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/fushi-organic-hand-made-shea-butter-60038858?skuid=038858)
- Coconut Oil (tesco has it)
- Arrowroot Flour (https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-organic-arrowroot-60020153?skuid=020153)
- equal parts coconut oil and shea butter together in a double boiler (if you don’t know what that means, just do it in the microwave)
- add in about an equal amount in g of arrowroot flour and stir so there are no clumps
- add in any essential oils if you want a specific scent!
- pour into vessel and keep in fridge to firm up
depending on the temperature, you might need more/less of the ingredients. in the winter, I find I need less arrowroot, as the arrowroot will make it more firm, the oil/butter more soft. feel free to play around with the ratios until it’s a consistency you like!
all the ingredients are fairly easy to find low/no plastic packaging, and organic fairtrade etc.